Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thoughts on Acorn

How is it possible for a single national organisation to be investigated for voter registration fraud in multiple states, without those incidents being a part of a concerted strategy? Allthough Im not 100% certain, I think the list of states in which ACORN is being investigated now numbers around 12? Almost 25% of the total number of United States? Is it even concievable that this organisation could be engaging in voter registration fraud in that many states coincidentially? I heard a few snippets from the recnet trial on Schnitt this evening, and it seemed to me that the ACORN employees were all working from the same pitch. I find it hard to beleive this is a coincidence.

If you've ever noticed that virtually every stock, commodities, and other investment broker work from the same basic pitch,then you may understand what I mean. Most brokers work from the same basic outline becuase it works. However, none of them originated this format. Rather they were taught this format early on in thier careers. Even though brokerage firms aren't techincally allowed to give brokers pitches, every broker trainee gets one. Because the format works.

It seems to me that ACORN is operating under the "phone broker" school of voter registration. Create a ptich that works consistantly, teach it to everyone, and get them to pitch the living hell out of anyone they speak to.

Now dont get me wrong. I dont have a problem with going with what works, but shouldn't our democracy be held to a higer standard than a boiler room?

No comments: