Friday, September 12, 2008

I posted this a few days ago on Arthur's Hall

The first time I heard Bush speak in favor of more exploration I began to imagine a concept. When oil prices began a massive slide afterwards, that concept became a word. Ever since I first heard of the republican congress's guerilla oil debates and thought, "this reminds me of 94", the same wild, inconcievable, and to be frank almost impossible word has been echoing in the shadows of my mind. When the republicans kept the ressistance going, for day after day, the word sounded louder. When the "celebrity ad" appeared, more voices contributed to the chorus behind my eyes. When Mccain picked palin, the chorus grew to a choir. Whn Obama and the democrats did virtualy everything wrong in response to Mccains pick the choir became a legion. And now I can no longer keep this word in. I cant help but raise its impossible name.

The word is "landslide"

As in republican.

As in the exact reverse of 2006.

Have the voices in my head driven me mad?

In other words, Is it possible that the combination of the popularity of the republicans "Drill here, Drill Now" position, coupled with Mccains strategic genius in this campaign; could deliver the Republicans not only the White House, but perhaps even one or both houses of Congress? Becuase I think we could potentially see an electoral result as shocking as either 94, or 06, perhaps even more so. I think many dems who feel comforted by the parties much stronger "generic popularity" will be blindsided by issues they dont think are true "wedges". I think energy policy is one, I think the "red state feminism" of Governor Palin is another.

Or am I simply nuts?







People will remeber this election, and Most will remeber the influence Governor Palin had, but me, Ill remeber the "guerilla congress"